| SUSTAINABLE WEIGHT LOSS
Try this for sustainable weight loss
If you are trying to maintain a healthy weight, or drop those stubborn pounds around your middle, try implementing the 80/20 rule.
The 80/20 rule states that, providing you eat well for 80 per cent of the time, you’re allowed to enjoy some additional treats the other 20 per cent of the time – perhaps if you’re out to eat, or being entertained at someone else’s home.
When you’re trying to make healthy changes to your diet, by aiming to eat perfectly clean 100% of the time you’re setting yourself up to struggle.
You’re only human, so give yourself a break. By using the 80/20 rule, you’ll simply shrug aside the ‘naughty’ 20 per cent and focus on making the vast majority of your food healthy and nutritious for your body.
Above all, food is to be enjoyed. Eating is a time for sharing and socialising.
There is nothing more demoralising than turning down invites to eat with friends because you are frightened you will slip from your diet.
Be kind to yourself and focus on that 80%. You may even find it becomes a 90/10 rule for you at some stage!